Friday 29 April 2016

Short Day

Well it's short from the point of view of the blog as I didn't leave work until 14:30! I'm spending the weekend at Wythall, south of Birmingham. I've been to the site before and fancied a return trip as there's a transport museum right next door.

As I'd anticipated the M40 and M42 were busy, that's why I'd arranged an early finish from work, but I was on site and sorted before 5. Not too bad a drive up if a bit breezy. The non-awning pitches here aren't great, it's just tarmac with no delineation between pitches, just the peg to park on. I'd reckon the site must be about full and there's been a lot of traffic.

As there's no pub handy (it's about a mile and not that easy to get to) I had a chips of beers and indulged in some people watching. There's one fancy caravan where one of the two male occupants actual changed the water and emptied the waste wearing a designer suit! They went out later slightly more casually dressed. Next door to them is a tatty Transit campervan, one of the occupants came racing back in on his bike - I'm guessing he'd been working somewhere local.

I did consider parking next to one huge motorhome - one of those ones where the side slides out to give more space. It would have made a good picture!

Tomorrow I'm off to Birmingham by train so want a reasonably early start. It's only about a mile to the station so I'll walk up. It's not exactly a warm evening, the fan heater has been on and off, but it'll be fine once I settle down in the sleeping bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment