Monday 16 May 2016

Speak to Me

Just a very quick note to keep things complete on here as I did a couple of jobs over the weekend.

The plastic wheel trims were very brittle and fairly grotty and the radio speakers were useless so replacements for both have been on the shopping list for a little while. As I was out and about anyway I resolved to finally get them sorted.

I'd have liked to dispense with the trims and go back to having the wheels visible but realistically to do that they'd have needed full refurbishment and that's not viable. Wheel trims are easy enough to get, but I have a dislike of ones with dummy wheel nuts. I did track some down in an independent shop in Wellingborough though. Unfortunately he had 4" speakers and 6" speakers but not the 5.25" ones that would be a direct fit. A quick check and I decided the larger ones would be OK.

The wheel trims took a few minutes to fit but I managed to crack two of them so not sure how long they'll last. It was entirely my own fault, at least they're so tight there's little chance of them falling off! Cutting the door cards for the larger speakers took a while but they're on and working - I'll find out today just how much of an improvement they are but a quick loud volume test suggested they're very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment