Sunday 22 March 2015

Charging Ahead

They do say make hay while the sun shines, bit early in the year for that (although the grass is close to needing a cut) but today's fine weather gave me an ideal opportunity to complete the electrics I've been working on.

It turned into another slightly frustrating job and took all day, including a quick shopping trip, but we nearly got there. Put simply what I've done is installed a lighter socket and a twin USB charger into one of the back seat lockers. I've also installed a USB outlet between the back seats that will plug into the charger and a switch so I can power it all either from the engine running feed or from the leisure battery.

One mistake , which I'll rectify, was using too small a size of trunking to protect it all. I hadn't really thought that whilst you can just about get the 3 runs off 1.5mm2 cable through the stuff you can't get it round any corners. It'll come back out early enough and I'll go up a size.

There's one remaining job to do before it all goes back together which is to provide a feed to the leisure battery for the mains charger. It shouldn't ever be needed really as it charges when driving and my usage is very low but just in case! As the battery is in a solid compartment and it's a pain to get to I need to put a fixed feed in.

Next week will be final sorting and packing before I finally get to go away to Derbyshire.

No comments:

Post a Comment