Monday 20 July 2015

Boats and Bombs

Another weekend away where Dai provided overnight accommodation. We had a group day on Saturday at a watersports centre in Essex. Having Dai meant I could easily stop over for the night instead of driving home. For some reason I couldn't really get comfortable when I went to bed, although that may be because of aching muscles more than anything (certainly felt the unaccustomed activity the next day).

When I bought Dai there was a full set of foil window screens. I've only ever used the ones for the windscreen and front doors, relying on the curtains for the back windows. For this trip, and the next one, I decided to take all the screens and experiment. The first conclusion is they take up a lot of space! That in itself means I won't bother normally. Next time away though it's at a town folk festival. As I'll be parked up for a couple of nights, probably with quite a bit of lighting, I will take them all again but then I'll revert to the previous system. The curtains don't really keep the light out that well but they're OK.

The advantage of stopping down in Essex, and of Dai's go anywhere size, was I could do something else today so I visited the Royal Gunpowder Mills at Waltham Abbey, somewhere I've wanted to go for ages. It's well worth the visit.

I can also report that the new radio behaved impeccably all weekend. I was mostly listening via the USB stick but did have the DAB radio on as well for quite a while. Sound quality is a lot better but I think that's down to me sorting out a poor contact on a speaker whilst I was in Norfolk.

No comments:

Post a Comment