Sunday 6 September 2015

Dai's First Festival

This weekend was the first Festival I've visited with Dai, in this case Bunkfest at Wallingford. It's a town festival, mostly folk music, but with some other styles of music. There's a main arena, at the Kine Croft, but there are other venues as well. A friend lives locally, and another friend was stopping with her, but I was stopping on the Festival campsite at the local sports club.

This was probably Dai's natural environment, somewhere with all the facilities, including food at all times of the day (and night). Two (fairly friendly) people could easily stop for the weekend, whereas for longer periods Dai is really a one person unit.

I really enjoyed the Festival, some good music (and some not so good), so I'll definitely look for more next year. The only slight concern is that this was partly so good as I was with friends, I'll think about that.

The last two trips I've taken the full set of foil window screens, I shan't bother again. I've decided they take up too much room and frankly I can't be bothered when it's easier to open and close the curtains. The curtains aren't as effective as I'd like but they do work OK. One thing I thought this week that I should have done was get privacy film fitted to the back windows. If I was going to keep Dai forever I'd still do so, but I'm still planning to change in another 18 months or so, assuming I can find something better within my criteria.

No comments:

Post a Comment