Sunday 5 June 2016

Go West - Day 3

Well I've finally arrived in Devon via Somerset, or to be more accurate the East Somerset Railway. It made an interesting diversion on the drive. No photos I'm afraid as they're on the camera (see below). 

It was a smooth enough drive and I was on site shortly after 3, did the water and waste and got pitched with the aid of an I've cream! It's certainly warm.


Rather than sit around I decided a walk down to Stoke Gabriel was in order. It's about a mile downhill, the difficulty week be walking back up! In writing this sat in The Castle Inn, making use of their WiFi as mobile reception in the area is poor. The photo is looking back up towards the village from the River Dart.


I'm not sure how visible this is but it's the plaque on the war memorial. Interestingly the WW2 plaque shows a slight majority of RAF to RN with just one other who was with the Durham Light Infantry. It would be interesting to know how someone from a south coast village ended up in the DLI.


No comments:

Post a Comment