Friday 10 June 2016

Go West - The End

As I'm now ensconced in a hotel for a few days this will be the last Dai post of the trip. The day didn't start very well. A bad night's sleep meant I was a bit later than planned, I snapped a shoelace and the water ran out. Nothing major!

As a result I decided to spend a couple of hours in Totnes instead of going for a walk on Dartmoor (which wouldn't have happened anyway due to thick mist). It's a nice, if somewhat hilly, town. Having procured a couple of pairs of laces I visited the town museum. As usual with such places the people were very friendly and enthusiastic.

A bonus for me was a room dedicated to Charles Babbage who came from the town. The display is probably overdue for an update but no less informative for that.

After that I still headed up onto the Moor but couldn't see much! I will admit that the Devon lanes have become a bit wearing after a few days, especially when you're stuck behind a tractor for several miles.

Overall it's been a good few days away. There's only been one, very minor, fault with the campervan (the waste pipe fitting has broken but the pipe stays on on). Slightly better planning would have seen me stop at Steamer Quay in Totnes, it would have saved me two day's driving and some parking fees.

There was a car/campervan dealer up the road from the site who had a couple of Mercedes Vito conversions in stock. They were R reg and showing their age a bit but if I'd seen them a could of years ago before I bought Dai I might have been tempted.

No comments:

Post a Comment