Saturday 10 December 2016

The Scottish Trip - Eeek!

I wasn't quite as early away from site as I'd planned but it really didn't matter. It was straight back on the A1 past some familiar places to Berwick. I'd have liked to spend more time in Northumberland but I'm heading that way next year.

Berwick itself is a lovely town, spoilt only by the weather. You can tell it's in the north, even little old ladies were walking around without anoraks or umbrellas.

The A1 north was closed for some reason so I followed the SatNav, I think it was a public road it took me along, but at one point it became a muddy track. If you're going to close a major road at least make sure the diversion is well signposted.

People who know me very very well will know that I don't to heights, at all. I was getting fairly uncomfortable on the approach to the current Forth Road Bridge. In the end the traffic was steady anyway and I did get the chance to see the progress on the new crossing*.

From there it was a reasonable run up to the hotel in Perth. The food isn't great, after all who'd want a Black Pudding Stack with Crispy Bacon and a Poached Egg as a starter? :) I may have a voice left tomorrow after all the talking tonight but it was a lovely evening with friends old and new.

*You can look up the details but it's the longest 3 tower cable stayed bridge with cross over cables in the spans.

Whatever,, it's impressive!

No comments:

Post a Comment