Friday 9 December 2016

Water, Water, Everywhere...

After yesterday's trip blog I hit what is, I think, the first real failure in 3 seasons using Dai. I turned the tap on and immediately the supply fuse blew. I'll check when I'm home but I suspect the pump has failed. Not a major issue, more a nuisance, I'm on full facility sites for the two nights away so I can manage.

One of the downsides of campervan conversions is that they tend to have slightly quirky electrics. Dai is even worse as there are my alterations involved. Had I been starting from scratch I'd have ensured there was a separate switch and fuse for the water pump, as it is there isn't so the lights went out as well.

Easy enough temporary fix, I just switched over to the engine battery whilst I replaced the blown fuse, but I'm glad I made provision to do that. When I get home I'll check things out, see if I've got a spare pump (I may have) and get another pack of spare fuses.

This has made me think about the electrical setup on the next campervan though. If, as is possible, I get a conversion done to suit I'll have to check out how the wiring is done and consider changes.


No comments:

Post a Comment