Sunday 5 April 2015

Hold Very Tight Please, Ting Ting

As planned I spent the day at Crich Tramways Museum. They were holding s '40s Home Front weekend so lots of reenactors and veterans around the place. All good fun, everyone pleasant, and a jolly decent day out.

Highlight for me was in the bar, young lad in US Army uniform bought a drink for a D-Day veteran that he'd obviously never met before and then spent some time with him just talking.

By about 2 o'clock I'd had about enough and was tiring, I could have taken a couple of painkillers and carried on but I'd about seen everything anyway so headed back to site via the scenic route through Cromford. I didn't stop this time, but I'll be back soon for a proper visit to that part of the area. The great thing with having Dai is I can head up here first thing Saturday, do some visiting, stop the night and then do more visiting before driving home, all for the sake of under £40 in petrol and around £15 for the site.

Spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing with the Kindle and a couple of beers, now just debating whether to wander down the pub or not having had ham, sweet corn and new tatties for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment