Monday 6 April 2015

That's All Folks!

Well it is due this trip anyway.

After a good night's sleep I pottered about having breakfast and packing up. There was no rush so I took the opportunity of emptying the loo (although it has only been used one), disposing of the waste water and refilling the fresh and doing the rubbish. The new rubbish bin works and in general I've been very pleased with the recent jobs. Apart from the roof struts there's not much to sort now.

I'd planned to call in on Gresley and Wychnor Model Railway Group who were having an open day. Having actually found the place and realised that the access was down what seemed to be someone's driveway I was a bit early but that didn't matter. It was good to see club layouts in their home and in full (often they can split out a small part for exhibitions). One N-Gauge layout gave me heart, I think if I owned it I'd be considering a total remodel - with a big hammer!

I also called in to a garden centre, mainly for a visit to Lakeland Ltd. I won't say how much I spent but it was probably more than the rest of the holiday put together!

Overall a successful weekend away, it's a site and an area I'm keen to visit again, it's not too far from home and there's lots more to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment