Sunday 19 April 2015

Dai Gets a Black Bottom (Ooerr Missus)

Following on from the MOT I wanted to get the underfloor rust sorted before it became a problem. Some web searching and emailing found me a company near St. Albans who would do a full Waxoyl treatment. Not the cheapest by any means but good reviews. Although initially he was saying May, when I phoned him he offered to do it today, he usually starts working Sundays about now anyway.

Have to say having met him I didn't regret the decision. He kindly ran me in to St Albans for the day while he got on with the job although the offer was there to stay and watch. I had a reasonable time wandering around, visiting the cathedral and generally enjoying the day before he phoned to say he was finished and would come and collect me.

Very pleased that he reckons there's no real problems, a little bit of rust that will be fine now but generally very clean and tidy. There's a little bit of overspray on the cills to be cleaned off one it's hardened, he explained that's down to having to get in to quite a narrow but vulnerable gap. It's got a 5 year warranty on the work which is good. All I've got left to do is a bit of cleaning up and to treat the surface rust on the cills below the doors. I'll do that very soon and should hopefully have the body solid for the next few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment