Sunday 31 May 2015

Day whatever it is on this Trip!

I can only really describe today as being friendly. It was a bit of a later start than I like, as I didn't want to disturb Colin, the boatyard owner, too early. He's a lovely bloke though and was much taken with Little Dai. It didn't matter time wise as I've wanted to go and play on the Shipley Glen tramway for a while but usually I'm heading for home. It's another interesting place, the remnants of a lot of Victorian amusements in the area. I had quite a chat with some of the volunteers, and enjoyed the excursion. The weather was variable but ok.

I then headed over the tops to the caravan site at Hebden Bridge, it was a bit breezy in places and my right foot was starting to cramp up from all the braking going down steep hills with hairpin bends. Good fun though. The site office was closed when I arrived but that didn't matter, find a pitch and book in later is the system. It's a bit noisy, the river runs right behind the back of the site!

After dinner I wandered up the hill to the local community pub. I had been warned that they'll talk to you! A lovely, friendly pub where you're accepted as a local simply by being there. I ended up having a pint or two more than I'd planned but never mind. It's the first time I can recall a barmaid with an extensive knowledge of whaling and the production of ambergris.

I will definitely be back here soon, if it was a full facility site I'd happily spend a week here but as it is I think s couple of days wouldn't hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment