Monday 25 May 2015

Not so Wild Camping in Essex

Another long weekend away in Dai, and the first when I wasn't stopping on a caravan site. The occasion was the first River Festival at the marina where my brother keeps the yacht. I was parked up in the back of the yard there but not exactly wild camping as I had mains hookup and the toilet/shower block was handy.

Over the weekend I finally got to the bottom of the alarm setting itself. I now know that if I set the alarm whilst I'm out I must turn the ignition on and off when I disarm it, other wise it will rearm again. The new gas struts on the roof have made a huge difference as well, I can now trust that the thing won't come crashing down on my head, so I'm pleased that's worked out well.

The river festival itself went well enough for a first time, they've got something to build on anyway assuming they go ahead again next year. I'll happily go again. I must admit to being bored with the M11 and A14 so coming home I set the satnav to shortest route, Dai is OK on motorways but is happier at 50-60 on smaller roads.

I've now just got to get ready for the next trip out, a 4 day weekend trip to Leeds via Derbyshire. Two nights will be on club sites but the other well again be off grid - a friend has organised the pitch and at the moment I don't know where!

No comments:

Post a Comment